Official Navy SEAL Approved Watch: MTM Special Ops Silencer
SEAL-THE-DEAL: Get free shipping in the lower 48 when you order any watch from MTM using my link through the end of November 2016. This message will self-destruct in...
DISCLOSURE STATEMENT: I was provided this product by the manufacturer in exchange for an honest review.
A Timeless Investment
One of the funniest things I’ve seen over the years is claims from nearly every watch manufacturer that, “Navy SEALs use our watch!” Well…send a few free watches to Navy SEALs and — there you go!
What sets the MTM Special Ops Silencer watch apart from the crowd is that it’s the first watch to be officially Navy SEAL Approved. If you want a watch that you can take on your next mission and then out to dinner at a nice restaurant — your search is over.
Have you ever received a package in the mail and as you open it up, you know it’s something special? Well, that’s the feeling I got as I opened up the box from MTM Special Ops.
It comes with its own waterproof case! You’ve got to love that! Of course, I’ll be taking all the “stuff” in there out and keeping it secured in a drawer somewhere, but that case is getting used!
The MTM Special Ops Silencer is multifunctional and rechargeable. One of the coolest features is that the stealth-looking, low-profile analog watch face is secretly hiding a fully-functioning digital twin. And I just need to press the buttons to make “Wonder-Twin Powers – Activate!”
The watch also contains a multi-mode lighting system, which includes internal LED lights that act as a flashlight or emergency strobe light. These lights are not just a gimmick – it can light up a room (see below).
The entire watch case is fabricated from one solid piece of stainless steel. I love how it gives the watch that heavy feeling of strength & dependability. If you’ve ever held a watch like a Rolex, the first thing you’ll notice is the weight. This watch has that same feel.
Each button on the side can be locked down, so it doesn’t get bumped and this is another rugged feature of the watch. Other watches in this category have buttons that are either too small if you have man-hands or they stick out too far and get pushed by accident.
The MTM Silencer is powered by a rechargeable lithium-ion battery with an electromagnetic induction charger. (I don’t know what that is, but it sounds super-cool!) I do know that all I have to do it set the watch down on the charger overnight and it’s charged for the next 2 to 4 months.
From the Manufacturer:
- MOVEMENT: MTM’s Proprietary Analog/ Digital Quartz
- CASE & BAND: 316 L Stainless Steel
- BAND: Adjustable band links are individually connected with allen screws on the stainless steel band option, adjustable with the allen key supplied
- FINISH: Available in Brushed Silver, Sandblasted Grey and Black DLC Coating
- BEZEL: Unidirectional, Ratcheting Bezel
- CROWN: Locking, Screw Down
- GLASS: Sapphire Crystal; Multi-layer coated, Scratch Resistant, anti-reflective
- DIAL: Unique Embossed Composite Material
- INDEX AND HANDS: Luminous
- WATER RESISTANCE: 330 Feet / 100 Meters
- CASE SIZE: 44 mm (Without Crown) x 15.4 mm (Thickness)
- WEIGHT: 9.4 oz
- DIGITAL LED DISPLAY MODES: LED display area shows current time, alternative time zone, month, date, 4 daily alarm settings, countdown timer, chronograph and alarm beeping or vibration status
- DIGITAL MODES: Display Image Shows Activated Digital Mode. To View Display, Press Watertight Pusher After Unlocking
- INTERNAL LIGHT MODE: LED digital display glows for easy reading for up to 3 seconds per actuation
- EXTERNAL LIGHT MODES: Two bright white LEDs – for flashlight and emergency strobe functions
- TO RECHARGE: Simply place the watch on the included electromagnetic induction charger overnight. The New Black Silencer will be fully charged without having to open the case or change the battery
- CHARGING SYSTEM: Electromagnetic Induction. Each watch equipped with overcharge protection and low battery alert
- CHARGE DURATION: Each recharge lasts for approximately 4 months under the following conditions – Starting with a full charge: One beeper alert, one vibration alert, and 20 seconds of external LED light actuation per day
- CHARGER SIZE: 59mm (W) x 67mm (L) x 72mm (H)
- WARRANTY: 3 Years
- PACKAGING: Securely Shipped In Its Own Watertight Tactical Case
Although I truly love this watch, there are a few things I would change. First is the light on the charging dock. I have a spot on my dresser where I keep the watch and even the smallest light in my room at night keep me awake. Of course, I was able to overcome this obstacle like many others in life with a little riggers tape.
Second “complaint” would be the price. Of course, I didn’t pay for this one, but if I’m recommending it to you, I need to be up front about my thoughts — it’s not cheap! But, just like anything else in life — you really do get what you pay for. You can find cheaper, but you won’t find better. That brings us to…
The MTM Special Ops Silencer is going to be about an $895.00 investment. (I’ve been asking for a special discount for my subscribers – like many of my other awesome partners provide – but so far, no joy. I’ll keep fighting and post an update here — once they give in!)
If all you need is a watch that tells time, this is not the watch for you. If you’re looking for a high-end timepiece, with some great features, that you’ll be able to pass down for generations — The price is a bargain.
Navy SEAL Approved?
This is where I come to the climactic end, and you find out if the MTM Special Ops Silencer gets the Navy SEAL Approved stamp…
Well, I’m pretty sure if you read the above review you know the answer.
MTM Special Ops Silencer — Navy SEAL Approved
BTW: Look for my team wearing MTM Special Ops Watches in the new TV series on the Outdoor Channel – FireTeam6!